Sunday, July 22, 2012

Can't Sleep Sunday!

This is a real thing for me... Sunday night rolls around and all of the sudden I feel like I should probably be productive and my mind starts racing with all of the crap I need to do this week and I should probably make lunch and look at Pinterest for dinner ideas and do laundry and ......AAAAAHHH!

So, while I'm waiting to get tired and while the laundry and the dishes get all clean, I figured I might do a little bloggin' about the week and share a recipe (and watch Adventure Time) since I'm all for multi-tasking!

This was week two of half marathon training and the mileage is still low.  I'm hoping this week I can start adding on to the prescribed amount and maybe start some strength training.  I wanted to do this last week, but it was hot and nasty and I at least got all my runs in:)

Thanks humidity!  And apparently all my sweat is on my back, because this shot does the sweatiness no 
justice.
So as part of today's Can't Sleep Sunday, I also felt the need to assemble lunch for the week.  I made something similar to this a few weeks ago.  If you aren't a fan of chickpeas, sorry 'bout ya.  I took some to work, and I ran into a lot of chickpea haters. This recipe is a spin-off of this one from eat-yourself-skinny.com, and it was very good.  I adjusted it to include some of the things I like, which is one of the nice things about it, you could really add about anything to adjust to your taste.

Cilantro-Lime Chickpea Salad
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
juice of half a lime
dash of red pepper flakes
teaspoon of minced garlic (I cheat and used the pre-minced kind)
half a banana pepper sliced in rings
chopped cilantro, a tablespoon or two, depends on preference.
drizzle of olive oil

Mix it all together and let it sit for at least an hour to blend all of the flavors together.  I make mine the night before and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.  After that the choice is yours. I eat them cold, added to salads, warmed up etc.  I kind of want to blend them together to make something kind of hummus like (maybe without the banana peppers), but I don't think my blender would do very well.
My garden fresh (sister-in-law's, not mine), but kind of unfortunately shaped banana pepper

 Mix it all together and......


Yum!


Does anyone else have issues with Sunday night sleeping? Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Meagan - I used to have tons of trouble falling asleep on Sunday night, but I think it had something to do with dreading work on Monday! Not a problem so much anymore, thankfully. I'm glad you're getting your runs in - it has been such a challenge with this heat. I am doing 4 runs a week and Monday is always my toughest because I hate getting up early, so I will run on the treadmill tonight. I'm loving the sound of this recipe, I will have to give it a try! Take care and I hope you got some sleep eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have problems sleeping, but as the night gets later, my depression comes back. I always get depressed thinking about how I have to go back to work.... :(

    ReplyDelete