Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Going Green…Smoothie Style


Since I've had little DMac (I hope to get more into my pregnancy fitness and other things later).  I’ve definitely been lacking on fitness, nutrition, and some days... showering (super confession time apparently).



Don't let the color scare you!

In an effort to make some baby steps towards better health for the whole family, the hubs and I decided to do green smoothies as our first step.  This has a two-fold purpose.  One, no matter what, we’ll have gotten some fruits and veggies in for the day.  Two, I find it’s a lot easier to continue to make good choices throughout the day if that’s what I start my day with.  We've been going strong for 8 days in a row now and my husband (who is the worse eater, even though I’m nowhere near innocent!) already says he feels a little better!  I do some of my own recipes and I also joined up on the 30 day green smoothie challenge on http://simplegreensmoothies.com/.  They send you 5 new recipes each week of the challenge along with a shopping list, and some of the recipes are ones I never would have thought of putting together, so it really helps when you get in a smoothie rut!  I think they do about 4 live challenges a year, plus they have lots of delicious looking recipes on their site.  If you are looking for a way to incorporate some fruits and leafy greens or just want to try something new, I highly recommend trying them out!  I’ll try to post some recipes as we go along as well!

Any green smoothie lovers out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment